Sunday, March 21, 2010

#517. Flemings Bait Stand

About this time last year I made a trip to Rockport, Texas. One of my favorite images from that outing was of Mom's Bait Shop. When I was back in Rockport this past weekend I set out to try and get a few companion shots to go compliment "Mom's". It's OK to use one's own past work as inspiration for new work isn't it? :-)

Title: "Flemings Bait Stand"


Camera / Lens: Canon 5D Mark II / Canon 24-105mm L zoom
Post-processing: Photomatix Pro to convert three tripod mounted exposures (-2, 0, +2) into one HDR (High Dynamic Range) photo > Photoshop CS4 > Topaz Adjust plugin > Nik Viveza plugin

2 comments:

Larry J. Patrick said...

I cannot help but think how much more interesting this photo would have been if Emma was standing in the doorway (with a little flash on her, of course). The colors and tranquility of the scene are really nice.

Barry Armer said...

Thanks Patrick!

Agree. All my shots would be better with Emma in them! But I don't want to be a "one trick pony"! :-)

Cheers!
Barry