Thursday, March 11, 2010

#509. 3rd Hole

Taken at the putting green at Blanco Settlement in Blanco, Texas this past weekend. As you can see from the before shot, if you wait for the rollover, I didn't do an optimum job of capturing this image in camera. I think I "saved" the shot in post-processing though! What do you think?

Title: "3rd Hole" (rollover)


Shot data: 1/2500s f/4.0 at 105.0mm iso400
Camera / Lens: Canon 5D Mark II / Canon 24-105mm L zoom
Post-processing: Adobe Camera Raw > Photoshop CS4 > Topaz Adjust plugin

3 comments:

Larry said...

Nice colors and use of depth of field on a simple subject. I would say moving the hole marker to a simpler background was definetly a good move.

Cindi said...

Great colors, great depth of field, nice textures and moving the marker helped a lot...but the image seems to be missing something. I don't understand what the significance of the marker is, and it isn't so interesting in and of itself to be the subject, to me at least. Maybe having a golf ball moving toward the hole, or something else to add to the story. Or maybe it is just that I really don't like the game of golf!

Barry Armer said...

Thanks Larry and Cindi!

Cindi - I just like the simplicity of the green compared to the colorful flowers in the background. I don't think I've ever seen anyone actuall playing golf here. :-)

Cheers!
Barry