Sunday, November 1, 2009

Renaissance Couple

Here's a couple more photos from my trip to RenFest Saturday before last. I thought this couple did an extraordinary job of dressing in authentic Renaissance period dress.

Title: "RenFest Gentlemen"


Photo data: 1/125s f/4.0 at 50.0mm iso125
Camera / Lens: Canon 40D / Canon 50mm f/1.4 prime
Post-processing: Adobe Camera Raw > Photoshop CS3 > Topaz Adjust

Title: "RenFest Lady"


Photo data: 1/160s f/4.0 at 50.0mm iso125
Camera / Lens: Canon 40D / Canon 50mm f/1.4 prime
Post-processing: Adobe Camera Raw > Photoshop CS3 > Topaz Adjust

5 comments:

Doug Haass said...

No light on a stick? I think the gentleman could have used a little light under the hat to better show his eyes and eliminate the slight shadow under it. Nice job on the exposure and composition. Good color too.

Barry Armer said...

Thanks Doug!

I had technical problems with the light on a stick when I shot these two. We were on our way out at the time so I didn't bother trying to troubleshoot the light rig. At least it was reliable the rest of the day! :-)

Cheers!
Barry

Doug Haass said...

Aahhh, now I understand. I knew you had it with you. I still like the available light shot on the man. It has a lot of character.

Larry J. Patrick said...

I like both of these portraits, but I do wish that you had taken one of them together. They seem to be a very compatible couple. Nice job with both shots.

Barry Armer said...

Thanks Doug and Patrick!

Patrick - I did want to photograph them together but that was a drawback of sticking with the 50mm lens. Once I connected with a subject I didn't want to back away to compose a photo and risk losing the connection. This happened at least twice that I can remember.

Cheers!
Barry