Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Frio River in Fall

I took this shot Sunday morning at a Frio river crossing in Concan, Texas (near Lost Maples Natural Area). The fall colors of the Bald Cypress trees along the Frio River made this scene beautiful and I took about as many photos at this location as I did on my Lost Maples trip the day before. To get this shot I positioned my camera to sit on a flat rock near the edge of the river.

Title: "The Frio River in Fall"


Camera / Lens: Canon 40D / Canon 17-55mm f/2.8 zoom
Post-processing: Photomatix Pro to convert three exposures (-2,0,+2) to one high dynamic range (HDR) image > Photoshop CS3 > Topaz Adjust plugin

6 comments:

Larry said...

Beautiful shot here. Way to go the extra mile with the low POV which really makes the shot. I really like what the green hues of the river rocks add to the image.

Doug Haass said...

Awesome job on this HDR Barry. I love the composition and all the colors.

Anonymous said...

I agree, the POV set the tone....for how I viewed the picture. Nice!
David A.

Barry Armer said...

Thanks Larry, Doug and David!

As always I really appreciate the feedback.

Cheers!
Barry

Larry J. Patrick said...

This just might be the best use of HDR that I have seen any a long, long time. Great classical landscape photo with the foreground, middle ground and background all having interest.

Barry Armer said...

Thanks for the high praise Patrick!

Maybe I should start charging for access to my blog? :-)

Cheers!
Barry