Monday, August 3, 2009

Galveston Movie #1 and #2

Here are a couple more shots from the Bay Area Photo Club's field trip to Galveston on Saturday night. These shots are of a free outdoor movie being shown in the small park at the corner of Strand and 23rd in Galveston (the movie was "Some Like it Hot").

Title: "Galveston Movie #1"


Title: "Galveston Movie #2"


Camera / Lens: Canon 40D / Canon 17-55mm f/2.8 zoom
Post-processing: HDR image from three tripod mounted exposures (-2, 0, +2) using Photomatix Pro > Photoshop CS3 > Topaz Adjust plugin

7 comments:

Larry said...

I think I like the close-up shot the best. Going the other way, it would have been nice to be able to photograph it from the balcony at Fuddrucker's or from another high vantage point in the are. Somebody we know would have talked there way on to the roof of an adjacent business - no names.

Wayne Beck said...

It appears that people needed to bring a chair to enjoy the movie. I can see that Larry is thinking about next month's theme.

Barry Armer said...

Thanks Larry and Wayne!

Larry - No names? How about initials - LJP? :-)

Cheers!
Barry

Larry J. Patrick said...

Boy, you will try anything. These are really tuff shots to pull-off--well above my pay grade. Both shots are interesting, but in different ways. I like your post processing, it brings out the overall nature of the scene very well.

Barry Armer said...

Thanks Patrick!

What do you think about the lens flare? Should I have cloned it out? Looking at these shots now I think I may have made a bad decision by leaving them in.

Cheers!
Barry

Anonymous said...

For me, I don't think this is a case where the flare hurts you. It doesn't take away anything from the picture, at least in my mind it doesn't. Does it bother you, or are you afraid it bothers someone else? If it's you, do something about it. If not, who cares?

DHaass

Barry Armer said...

Thanks Doug!

I'm with you in that I didn't really feel like the lens flare was distracting, I just wanted to see how other felt about it! Thanks for the feedback!

Cheers!
Barry