Thursday, August 6, 2009

An Artist's Van

I took this photo in Galveston this past Saturday. It's not often you see a van this colorful that just happens to be sitting in an all black and white area of town! :-)

This van was parked in an area that I was in much of the night so I did eventually see that the owner of the van was one of the street artists performing in the little park on the Strand at 23rd. If I had given it any thought before hand I should have been able to guess that it belonged to an artist. :-)

Title: "An Artist's Van"


Camera / Lens: Canon 40D / Canon 17/55mm f/2.8 zoom

5 comments:

Wayne Beck said...

Maybe the owner should put the van in the car show in Houston next time. These type of pictures help define the character of an area. Nice job.

Larry said...

Nice shot with an artsy feel. Only changes I might try would be, include the luggage rack on the top of the van in the color mask, maybe a slight vignette, and yes [for Wayne] a tilted horizon!

Barry Armer said...

Thanks Wayne and Larry!

Larry - The luggage rack is in the mask but it just happens to be black with white stars! Perhaps I should have colorized it! :-) I'm affraid it I tilted the horizon that it might roll away!

Cheers!
Barry

Larry J. Patrick said...

Tell me it isn't so--mixed color and B&W. OK, this one drives home the point that you are trying to make. I'll accept it.

Barry Armer said...

Thanks Patrick!

Didn't you read my post? This van was improperly parked in a black and white only part of town! :-)

Cheers!
Barry