Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Alamo

We found ourselves at the Alamo in San Antonio, Texas last Saturday around sunset and I took this photo. I did a lot of work on it in Photoshop to remove all the security ropes (and some tourists) and to correct the perspective distortion resulting from not being able to stand directly in front of it (because of the security ropes) to take the photo. I know most folks have already seen a lot of Alamo photos but I hope I did a good enough job on this one to hold your attention for at least a few seconds! :-)

Title: "The Alamo"


Shot Data: 1/40s f/4.5 at 17.0mm iso640
Camera / Lens: Canon 40D / Canon 17-55mm f/2.8 zoom
Post-processing: Photoshop CS3 > Nik Viveza plugin > Topaz Adjust plugin

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like this one Barry. Great detail, exposure and lighting. Wonderful job.

DHaass

Larry said...

Nice Alamo shot. Nice job of catching the location with no peeps in the way and of cloning out the rope rail normally in front [or did they move it?].

Barry Armer said...

Thanks Doug and Larry!

Larry - I had to clone out the rope rails and a few touristas!

Cheers!
Barry

Steve Schuenke said...

Really nice light and great job doing the clean up on this shot. I've been here numerous times and know how many people and things can clutter up this shot, especially in the summer. Really well done!

Barry Armer said...

Thanks Steve!

I remember how great your night photo of the Alamo that you presented at the photo club was! As a matter of fact your photo is what inspired me to take this shot!

Cheers!
Barry

Larry J. Patrick said...

I have never gotten a shot like this of the Alamo. Fine, fine photo. Good lighting and nicely framed.

Barry Armer said...

Thank you Patrick!

Glad you like it!

Cheers!
Barry