Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Hurricane Update and Wimberley Cypress

This is another shot I took (another Photomatix HDR) while I was in Wimberley, TX as a Hurricane Ike evacuee.



Click the image for a larger version!

Update: I came back to Houston (Clear Lake) yesterday and found my house undamaged and with full electrical, water, sewer and gas services! Even the TV Dish on the roof was intact! I had a lot of small tree limbs down in the yard but nothing over about 3" diameter and none that seemed to have hit the house. I also had a fence that was already past its prime that blew over. All in all I consider myself very lucky and I am thankful to God that things were not much worse!

3 comments:

Toni James said...

Hi Barry,
It's hard to believe there is a hurricane anywhere when you see a picture like this. I'm glad to know you and your family are ok.
Toni

Jan Klier said...

Hi Barry,

Very glad to hear that you survived the hurricane with minimal damage, and thanks for blogging from your refugee location, it was comforting to see.

Barry Armer said...

Thank you Toni and Jan! As much as I enjoyed my stay in Wimberley it is definitely better being home!

Cheers!
Barry