Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Driftwood Vineyard

This past weekend we revisited the Driftwood Vineyard Winery in Driftwood, Texas. This winery offers a wine tasting bar, a covered pavilion for events, and tables and chairs on the bluff overlooking the vineyards. The view definitely makes the winery a worthy destination if you are ever in the area (and I've heard the wine isn't bad either :-).

Title: "Vineyard View"

Click the image for a larger version (highly recommended)!

Taken with my Canon 40D and Canon 17-55mm zoom lens.
Post-processing: Photoshop CS3 > Topaz Adjust plugin

2 comments:

Jan Klier said...

Great image Barry. I like the composition with the tree for foreground with the person looking into the distance, but connected to the tree. The side light but using the tree to catch the edge of the light, the triangle in the vineyard. Nicely done.

Jan

Barry Armer said...

Thank you for you comments Jan! I guess if I'm to move up to the next level with my photography I will need to learn to pay attention to light the way you do! I hadn't really even considered the lighing (side light) in this photo prior to reading your post! I do understand that light is the most important element of a good photo but I just haven't been able to train myself to give it proper consideration yet. Your comments and the information you provide on your own blog will help me in that direction!
Regards,
Barry