Thursday, September 4, 2008

Ducks in a Row

From this past weekends' Bay Area Photo Club field trip to "Chinatown"! I first noticed this restaurant because of the colorful lanterns hanging out front but as I got closer I decided this was the real shot here!



Click the photo to super-size it!

Taken with my Canon 40D and Canon 17-55mm f/2.8 zoom. Post-processing: Photoshop CS3 > High Pass Sharpening > Merge Visable to new layer and blend using Soft Light > Merge Visible to new layer and cloned away some of the specular highlights and added a vignette with the Distort - Lens Correction Filter.

2 comments:

Jan Klier said...

You know I had to laugh when I saw this picture. I read my blogs in Google Reader, so I see the headline before I see the post. And my first thought: ducks in a row - yet another overused subject. Every Guy and Gal w/ Camera has done their duck shots. But then I saw what you really photographed, and I smiled. I do have a dark humor side to me - life is not always pink, so this is very cool!

Anonymous said...

Very cool - this roast duck is AMAZING STUFF - my girlfriend is Chinese (well, Taiwanese) and I regularly go up to Bellaire/Chinatown in Houston. What restaurant is this at?