Saturday, June 20, 2009

Yard Work

I messed around with my new Satechi Multi-Function Timer Remote Control today. It has a built in intervalometer function that I set to fire every 30 seconds 20 times in a row to create this composite. I only ended up using 3 of the shots for this composite but the remote worked perfectly. I don't really know why I purchased this particular piece of equipment other than, unlike most photography related gear, it was fairly inexpensive (under $60 if memory serves). It has applications for long exposures, time lapse photography, etc. I imagined I could set it up at an event on my backup camera and take cameo event shot every minute or so. Hopefully I will be able to make good use of it. :-)

Title: "Yard Work"


Camera / Lens: Canon 40D / Canon 17-55mm f/2.8 zoom

7 comments:

Larry said...

Nice job on the new tool. I suspect you'll have situations come up where it will be invaluable.

Cindi said...

Poor you --- today is Father's Day, you are supposed to have the day off! You are always coming up with creative and humorous images and this is another great example! However, I think you should be in a lawn chair with a cold beverage of choice while E. does the yardwork today. I am looking forward to what all you will do with that new gadget...and a tutorial about it would work very well with Mark's when he presents his high speed flash one...hint, hint.

Wayne Beck said...

Creative approach. If you get out of the lawn chair that Cindi gave you, a variation of the picture would be to increase the lighting on the face of the closest Barry so we can better see you.

Jan Klier said...

Nicely done and creative.

Barry Armer said...

Thanks Larry, Cindi, Wayne and Jan!

Cindi - I didn't actually DO the yard work, I just pretended! :-)

Cheers!
Barry

Larry J. Patrick said...

I think I would fire the guy on the right. He does not seem to be working nearly as hard as the other two.

Good imagination and use of technology.

Barry Armer said...

Thanks Patrick!

I think I'll keep my day job and leave my yard to the pros! :-)

Cheers!
Barry