Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Da Vinci

So the deal is that you have two days to shoot a photo that relates in some way to a photo taken by the photographer before you on the list. The guy after you has to tie into your photo, etc, etc. It's an exercise put together by Bob Dempsey, out photo club's Field Trip coordinator. Go here to see the entire progression of photos (so far) if you have any desire to do so:

Title: "Da Vinci"


Camera / Lens: Canon 40D / Canon 17-55mm f/2.8 zoom
Shot data: 1/100s f/4.0 at 28.0mm iso400

2 comments:

Larry said...

Nicely done shot, although I think I might have cropped it in on the right to further emphasized the feature bottles. This would also add focus to the angelic appearance of the Davinci women on the labels which stand in ironic contrast to the dark focus of the tie-in shot you had to work with. Well done.

Barry Armer said...

Thanks Larry!

I left the right hand side there to help tie in with the "row" concept. If I was scritcly making one of my weak attempts at fine art I probably would have made the crop you suggest. Of course maybe the row of Da Vinci was enough and I didn't need the other rows anyway?

Cheers!
Barry