Thursday, October 23, 2008

Ren Fest Characters

Here's two more pics form my trip to the Texas Renaissance Festival in Magnolia this past Saturday!

Title: "Skull Beard"

Click the image for a larger version!

Camera / Lens: Canon 40D / Canon 100-400mm L zoom
Post-processing: Photoshop CS3 > High Pass Sharpen > Merge Visible to New Layer > Topaz Adjust Simplify > Merge Visible to New Layer > Clone out patch on shirt > Merge Visible to New Layer > Virtual Photographer "Anvil" at 26% opacity > Merge Visible to New Layer > Paint with Black Paint Brush over upper right hand corner to eliminate a high contrast white background

Title: "Ahoy"

Click the image for a larger version!

Camera / Lens: Canon 40D / Canon 100-400mm L zoom
Post-processing: Photoshop CS3 > High Pass Sharpening > Merge Visible to New Layer > Topaz Adjust Simplify > Curves Adjustment Layer for added contrast > Hue / Saturation Layer to increase Saturation (careful - only a little) > Merge Visible to New Layer > Distort Lens Correction Vignette

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ewwwww. But in a good way!
You are getting to be a GREAT street photog (even though I didn't see a street in those images). The "ahoy" character has his face in the shade, I wish there was more light there but it was probably not a posed shot like the skull person. Or I guess you can blame it on not having a VAL :). And the pp is very nice. I hope we see some interesting people like you have found when we make the RenFest trip.

Anonymous said...

Oops, forgot to sign my name. But I bet you knew that comment was from me ---

Cindi

Barry Armer said...

Thanks Cindi! I'm trying to train myself to pay more attention to lighting! I tend to look at composition first and to not pay as much attention to lighting as I should. Hopefully you will notice me improving on this!

Cheers!
Barry

Anonymous said...

Hello, Barry. I've heard a lot about your blog and this is my first time here. AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

OK, but could you improve NEXT year? It's getting stressful trying to stay ahead of you in POTY!

Cindi

Barry Armer said...

Thanks Shirley! Come back often...and bring your friends!

Cheers!
Barry