Monday, October 27, 2008

Hold Your Nose and Vote McCain

No photo today; I just felt compelled to post some political commentary for what its worth.

HEADLINES FROM THE DRUDGE REPORT (WWW.DRUDGEREPORT.COM) ON October 27, 2008:

2001 OBAMA: TRAGEDY THAT 'REDISTRIBUTION OF WEALTH' NOT PURSUED BY SUPREME COURT

THE OBAMA VAULTS: Constitution 'reflected fundamental flaw of this country that continues to this day'...

'I'm not interested in the suburbs. The suburbs bore me'...


If you want to read the entire stories behind the links go to www.drudgereport.com and follow the links from there.

2 comments:

Brian Bastinelli said...

Barry thanks for the post and your interest in our election.

One of the things that bothers me the most about this whole process is how most Americans decide thier vote basedoff of talking points, commercials and water cooler talk.

Very few compareatively take the time to research the candidates and really get a feeling for thier policies.

That was highlighted recently when a radio talk show host sent a correspondent out on the street and portrayed McCain's policies as Obama's.

Almost everyone said they supported those policies and agreed they will help make the country a better place!

The point here is not pro one or the other but the point that we (as a people) are so wrapped up in our own little worlds that we take no time to learn about the important issues that effect our lives.

Don't even get me started on the Congress...That is where the real shame of this country lies.

Barry Armer said...

Thanks for your feedback Brian!

I don't really like to use this forum for political commentary but as the famous quote from the movie "Network" goes: "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it any more!"

I'm starting with a post to my blog but I'm looking for other avenues I can take to voice my discontent and hopefully foster an environment for political change. And my personal feeling is that there are a lot of changes that need making because there is a lot that is wrong with our government at the moment! Of course as you point out Brian it is hard to be heard when so many aren't listening!

Cheers!
Barry