Monday, October 6, 2008

Wine Bar

Sometimes I like a photo in spite of the fact that it has some obvious technical problems. This photo taken at the Driftwood Vineyard and Winery is an example. It was a grab shot I took blind, holding the camera at my side and snapping as I walked. The focus was on infinity somewhere among the trees outside and the horizon of the original capture was at about a 45 degree angle. I still liked the moment and colors and composition enough to spend some time rotating and cloning and "improving" the shot at my computer. The end result: I like it in spite of its flaws and I hope you do as well!

Title: "Wine Bar"

Click the image for a larger view!

Camera / Lens: Canon 40D / Canon 17-55mm f/2.8 zoom

Post-processing: Photoshop CS3 > Duplicate Layer > Free Transform to rotate the image closer to horizontal > High Pass Filter for sharpening > Merge Visable to New Layer > Topaz Adjust Plugin "Simplify" > Merge Visable to New Layer for Cloning to fill in corner areas left blank by rotating with Free Transform > Distort Lens Correction Vignette > Curves Adjustment for added contrast

2 comments:

Jan Klier said...

Great moment. I think capturing shots like this is a great technique.

Jan

Barry Armer said...

Thanks for the encouragement Jan!
Barry