Saturday, October 18, 2008

Six Pack Lead Guitarist

This is the lead guitarist from the blue grass bank Six Pack. We saw them perform at the Thirsty Nickel in Austin, Texas last weekend. They were a terrific high-energy band!

Title: "Six Pack Lead Guitarist"


Camera / Lens: Canon 40D / Canon 50mm f/1.4 prime
Post-processing: Photoshop CS3 > Mainly a Dragonizer action I downloaded from the Internet. The Dragonizer action steps you through the process of making the photo darker and giving it a gritty effect.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like so much about this shot --- how you caught the guitarist's hands, his open mouth singing, that there are several diagonal lines in the image (the microphone stand, the arm of the guitar, the V of his shirt, his arm) the black of his hat and shirt, and even the background behind him is interesting. The vignetting is too dark and too wide for me, but I guess you were simplifying it or covering up some of the audience. A really nice shot Barry.

Cindi

Barry Armer said...

Hi Cindi!
I'm glad you like this photo! The vignetting is the result of running the Dragonizer Action I downloaded from the Internet. It gives you the black bruch and instructs you to paint in black around the edges. Probably it is not supposed to look so much like a vignette as a black background. I probably didn't take the painting far enough. If I feel energetic I may try and work on it a little more and post a revised version.
Thanks again for your comments!
Cheers!
Barry