Friday, October 17, 2008

Barton Springs Canoes

While in Austin last weekend, Jan Klier and I went down to Barton Springs to do some shooting on Sunday morning. We walked down to a really cool spot where a canoe rental business operated on the side of the creek (Barton Creek? Barton Springs Creek?). The creek here was beautiful with clear water, ducks, swans, and overhanging trees. I took this one photo and my camera card was full (I hate it when that happens; someday I'll learn to carry a spare)!

Title: "Barton Springs Canoes"

Click the image for a larger view!

Camera / Lens: Canon 40D / Canon 50mm f/1.4 prime
Post-processing: Photoshop CS3 > Duplicate Background > Topaz Adjust plugin "Simplify" plus an adjustment to the Detail slider to reduce detail even further > Merge Visible to New Layer > Distort Lens Correction Vignette > Brightness / Contrast Adjustment Layer to brighten up the image a tad bit

2 comments:

Jan Klier said...

I like the way you framed the shot. The canoes as a foundation, the people and the canopy of the trees has a nice foreground, middle ground, background feel to me. Leaves my eye intrigued.

Jan

Barry Armer said...

Thanks for your comments Jan! I have to consider myself lucky to have gotten such a nice shot when I only had room left on my card for this one shot!

Cheers!
Barry