Sunday, August 24, 2008

Race Prep

Early morning race preparation for yesterday's Clear Lake International Triathlon!



Click image for a larger view!!

It was still mostly dark when I took this shot so my usual equipment (Canon 40D w/ 17-55mm f/2.8 Canon zoom) was supplemented with a Stroboframe flash bracket and my Canon Speedlite 420EX).

Post-Processing: Photoshop CS3 > High Pass Sharpening > Merge Visable to new Composite Layer blended in Overlay mode > Merge Visable to new Composite Layer > Duplicate the Composit Layer > Composite layer 1: Virtual Photographer Sulphur Filter @ 32% > Composite layer 2: Virtual Photographer Glamour (Color) Filter @ 21%

A note about post-processing: I am enjoying the creative process of post-processing a lot more these days than I used to. I look at post-processing now like cooking a favorite dish from a recipe. In either process the most important instruction on the recipe is "Season to taste."

No comments: