Friday, August 8, 2008

Player Piano Songs



I was surprised by how many of the old songs I remember from our "player piano days". Of course the memories are more vivid for some than for others. The song featured in today's pic is "This Old House" and I recall liking both the tune and the sentiment of the lyrics back in the day. Now, with my parents both gone, and with us in the process of cleaning out the house, the words have a more powerful impact on me than they ever did back then.

This Ole House (Chorus):

Ain't a-gonna need this house no longer
Ain't a-gonna need this house no more
Ain't got time to fix the shingles
Ain't got time to fix the floor
Ain't got time to oil the hinges
Nor to mend the windowpane
Ain't a-gonna need this house no longer
He's a-gettin' ready to meet the saints

The shot was taken with my Canon 40D and Canon 50 f/1.4 lens. Post-processing in Photoshop CS3 > Crop > High Pass Sharpening > Radial Motion Blur

No comments: