Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Pavilion Near Town Lake

This Pavilion is located on the hike and bike trail between Cesar Chavez Street and Town Lake near the pedestrian bridge in Austin, Texas. It is overgrown with vines and apparently not maintained any longer but to my eye it must have been spectacular once! The design is wonderful and many years ago, before the trees around Town Lake grew so tall, one would of had a beautiful view of the lake from here. I can only imagine how many weddings have taken place here.



Click the above image for a larger view (you won't be sorry that you did)!

Taken with my Canon 40D and Canon 17-55mm f/2.8 lens.
Post-processing: Photomatix > HDR combination of three hand-held exposures (-2.0, 0, +2.0) > Photoshop > High Pass Sharpening > Merge Visible to new layer > Duplicate Layer and blend in Color Dodge mode at 100%

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Barry,

I like this image, but . . in a perfect world, I would like to see what one would look like as: (1) a square format; and (2) only the right side of the image. I think that the staircase would then become a larger part of the image. The left side is not nearly as interesting to me as the right side is.

As I have said many times, this is the type of subject that I would spend an hour trying to get what I wanted and then walk away frustrated and unhappy with what I had.

You did a good job using HDR to capture it.

Patrick

Barry Armer said...

Hello Larry!

I agree with your comments! The place had a surreal quality to it that I didn't capture at all. And the staircase is definitely a key element which should have been emphasized. I think I took a shot like that...I'll go back and see and maybe post a re-do!

Thanks for the feedback!

Barry