Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Sheriff

Here is my photographic interpretation of the Sheriff of Nottingham taken this past weekend at the Texas Renaissance Festival!

Title: "The Sheriff"


Camera / Lens: Canon 40D / Canon 17-55mm f/2.8 zoom
Post-processing: Photoshop CS3 > Duplicate Background > > Topaz Adjust Plugin “Simplify” @ 89% opacity > Curves Adjustment layer for improved contrast > Merge Visible to New Layer > Red Paw Media Bleach Bypass plugin @ 34% opacity > Merge Visible to New Layer > Cloning to remove high contrast distractions in the background and a button on subject jacket

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice job! I love his expression, I like the bright spot of the badge near the bottom, and the background is simple and not distracting. My eye goes to his face, then his badge, then around his uniform and back to his face. The only thing that bothers me is the bright light on the top of the bench, but I don't know what you could do about that. I also like the composition of how he sits in the frame, with his eyes on the upper right. I did not realize that sheriffs wore tableclothes on their heads in the middle ages....

Cindi

Barry Armer said...

Hi Cindi!
Thanks for your comments! I did some research on the internet and found out that only the most powerful and influential sheriffs were afforded the honor of the checkered tablecloth hat! LOL
Cheers!
Barry

Marti said...

Hi Barry --

It's the expression that makes this image for me -- priceless!! Great job working with someone like this.

Marti

Anonymous said...

Barry,

Very good portrait. The expression is the whole photograph and your composition and processing did nothing but enhance it. The lighting is also very good.

Patrick

Barry Armer said...

Thank you for your comments Marti and Patrick!

This guy pretty much stayed in character like this all day long. Hopefully when he goes home at night he allows himself to smile! LOL

Cheers!
Barry