Saturday, November 22, 2008

Ever Watchful Dragon

This photo comes from the Texas Renaissance Festival grounds. I took the photo last weekend when some fellow Bay Area Photo Club members and I were there.

Title: "Ever Watchful Dragon"


Camera / Lens: Canon 40D / Canon 100-400mm zoom
Post-processing: Photomatix to convert three handheld exposures (-2,0,+2) to an High Dynamic Range image > Photoshop CS3 > Duplicate Background Layer > Topaz Adjust “Simplify” + "Noise Reduction" using Linear Burn blending mode with a layer mask using a diamond gradiant > Merge Visible to New Layer > Unsharp Mask > Duplicate Layer > Topaz Adjust Noise Reduction with Layer Mask to preserve detail of the dragon > Merge Visible to New Layer to do some minor clean-up work with the cloning tool

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I like this Barry! I took that same shot, but deleted mine because it just didn't look like I had expected it to ---- great post processing!

Cindi

Barry Armer said...

Thanks Cindi! Glad to hear that you like it! I was going for a kind of science fictiony - other worldly type feel.
Cheers!
Barry

Unknown said...

You definitely succeeded in achieving a science fictiony - other worldly type feel! The PP is perfect for this subject. I would like to see it framed with a little less negative space on the top, though.

Barry Armer said...

Hi Kyle!

Thanks for your comment! I think you're probably right about the crop. I think my post for today will be some re-posts of pictures you guys have suggested improvements on!

Cheers!
Barry