Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A Place to Spit

This time of the year Luling, Texas is all about watermelons! I believe the big annual "Watermelon Thump" was just recently completed. Of course you've seen Luling's watermelon shaped water tower? When we were there last weekend I spotted this seed spitting venue! :-) Not sure if this is a permanent venue or just seasonal.

Title: "A Place to Spit"


Camera / Lens: Canon 40D / Canon 17-55mm f/2.8 zoom
Post-processing: HDR from three hand held exposures (-2, 0, +2) using Photomatix Pro > Photoshop CS3 > Topaz Adjust plugin

3 comments:

Larry J. Patrick said...

There are a lot of elements of this photo that I really like, but, (and there is always a "but") I am having trouble understanding how all the elements relate. This just may be my "good photo, but I do not understand why the buffalo is running" moments. Good job with seeing this and then with the post processing.

Barry Armer said...

Thanks Patrick!

This one is really just for fun to document a little local color and to drive home the fact that Luling = watermelons! :-)

Cheers!
Barry

Larry said...

It's a good demonstration of how HDR really opens up an image. It does need something though, to me it a person or people. Maybe not an actual spitter, but someone to add to the "folksy" look to the shot.