Tuesday, February 9, 2010

St. John's

Taken this past Sunday at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Ammansville, Texas. St. John's is one of the "Painted Churches of Texas". I converted this shot to black and white because I wanted the focus of this image to be on the rhythm of repeating pews, shadows and architectural elements.

Title: "St. John's"


Camera / Lens: Canon 5D Mark II / Canon 24-105 L zoom
Post-processing: Photomatix Pro to combine three long exposure images taken from a tripod into one HDR (High Dynamic Range) image > Photoshop CS4 > Topaz Adjust plugin

5 comments:

Larry said...

Excellent shot with lot's of interest. I really like how the shadows down the center isle work to add motion to shot. Good choice on B&W.

Doug Haass said...

Tell the truth. They were performing maintenance on this one too. You cloned all the scaffolding out of this shot. Just kidding.

I too like the B&W treatment. I also love all the shadow play, angles and curved forms thoughout the photo. Really nice job.

Barry Armer said...

Thanks Guys!

As always I appreciate the feedback!

Cheers!
Barry

Cindi said...

Really nice architecture shot Barry. The ceiling pattern is particularly interesting to me, and all the detail is wonderful --- you can easily read the words at the top of the arch. Black and white does make all the lines and shapes stand out so well. I wonder what the color version looks like though...how about a rollover?

Larry J. Patrick said...

You achieved your objective. I really like how the repeating lines draw you into the alter. I think your relatively low camera position makes the whole scene more surreal. Nice work.