Thursday, February 4, 2010

American Values

I took this shot as we were being transported via hayride to the parking area from the Homes for Our Troops Sporting Clays event this past weekend in Fulshear, Texas. The road we were going down was lined with flags so I timed a few shots so that a flag would be in the background. I held the camera over my head and took "no look" shots. This photo really has an emotional impact on me for its patriotic and family themes. I like it a lot from a photojournalistic point of view as well since patriotism and family were two significant themes of the Homes for our Troops event.

Title: "American Values"


Shot data: 1/3200s f/4.0 at 24.0mm iso200
Camera / Lens: Canon 5D Mark II / Canon 24-105 L zoom
Post-processing: Adobe Camera Raw > Photoshop CS3 > NIK Viveza

3 comments:

Larry said...

Nice shot Barry. I'm thinking that I might like it better as a pano with a little less sky. Not bad for a "blind" shot.

Barry Armer said...

Thanks Larry!

I agree. This one probably needs a crop and some brightening. I through it up on the blog without doing much work on it becasue I liked the content so much. Another learning experience! :-)

Cheers!
Barry

Larry J. Patrick said...

Not too many of these people look like they are having fun. I like the way certain people are partly cut-out of the photo.