Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Pinta

This past weekend we visited the Corpus Christi Museum of Science and History. The museum owns replicas of the Nina, the Pinta, and the Santa Maria built by the Spanish government to celebrate one of the anniversaries of Columbus's voyage to America. The Santa Maria and the Pinta were both seriously damaged by a runaway barge a while back and had to be removed from the water and dry docked. The Nina was still floating and we were able to visit her where she was docked at one of the piers in Corpus. I liked the contrast of the old wooden Pinta replica and the newer steel construction of the bridge in the background.

Title: "The Pinta"


Camera / Lens: Canon 40D / Canon 17-55mm f/2.8 zoom

2 comments:

Larry J. Patrick said...

I like the black and white treatment--it helps simplify the image. Yet, I wish there was a way to make it a little less complicated. There is a lot to look at and I am not sure what the main subject is.

Barry Armer said...

Thanks Patrick!

You're right of course. It is a bit busy. It works a little better at higher resolution but I may work with it some more (if I can make time) to see if I can simplify it any.

Cheers!
Barry