Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th!



We watch fireworks from a strip shopping center parking lot near our home every year. The shopping center has an ice cream store and the ice scream, like the location, has become a family tradition for us. The shot above was taken tonight. I'll post a few more tomorrow.

Yesterday I went back down to the Texas City Dike and took more shots of the kite surfers. I followed my own advice from my post two days ago and got closer to my subjects this time. I wore my bathing suit and waded out into the water in order to get closer. A benefit to this approach is that I was more visible and the the surfers were able to see I was serious about taking photos and several made sure to come near me occasionally in order to help out. This worked out really well and I was able to meet some new friends in the process. Here are a few of the photos from yesterday's shoot:






This last one is composite of eight separate shots assembled with Photoshop CS3. It will really be too small here to appreciate but I think you can get an idea of what I have done.



All of the shots at the Texas City Dike were taken with my Canon 40D and 100-400mm Canon zoom lens.

No comments: