Thursday, July 17, 2008

Back to Kitesurfing



Here are the remaining kitesurfing shots from last weekend that I plan to post. I really enjoy the whole experience of photographing the kitesurfers at Texas City Dike a lot. I could easily return to the Dike this weekend for more but I want to keep my photography (and the posts to my blog) fresh so my plan is to move on to something different for a while. Anyway, I hope you enjoy these pics!



I have noticed that I have at least one photo of every kitesurfer I have photographed in this exact pose. I assume that this position is somewhat restful, at least for the off arm. :-)



I love this shot because of the matching angles of the kitesurfer's board and the windsurfer's sail in the background.

A note about location: All of the kitesurfing shot's I have posted are taken from the levee rather than the Dike itself (it all makes up the Texas City Dike Recreational Area). The very distant buildings you see in the background of this shot are located on Galveston Island. The dike itself is between me and Galveston Island but is very difficult to see in this low resolution photo.

No comments: