Tuesday, August 17, 2010

#594. Steeple Under Wraps

Taken at lunch today. This church steeple, located near the museum district in Houston, has been under construction (renovation) for some time now. I have always been in awe of the engineering that goes into building the scaffolding required for a big job like this.

Title: "Steeple Under Wraps"


Camera / Lens: Canon 5D Mark II / Canon 24-105mm L zoom
Post-processing: Photomatix Pro to combine 7 exposures into one HDR (High Dynamic Range Image > Photoshop CS4 > Topaz Adjust plugin > Red Paw Media plugin > Virtual Photographer plugin

1 comment:

Cindi said...

Great graphic lines and colors, and even an interesting sky. I like the way the trees are framing the steeple too but could you have moved a little to the right and been able to clear the left edge? I guess that would have obscured the top then... I know too well that often you get what you get and there is nothing you can do about it! I am glad you identified this structure because I never would have recognized it as a steeple.