Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Self Portrait (for Dummies)

Last night was the monthly Honors Night at Bay Area Photo Club in Webster, Texas where I have been a member for several years. On Honors Night club members submit photos for presentation to the general membership and for critique by a panel of three judges. Awards are given and photographers advance to higher levels upon meeting certain cumulative awards requirements. Today's photo is one I submitted for the Assignment category. The assignment was Self Portraits. I received a Gold Award for the photo. I also submitted yesterday's post ("Coming Storm") in the Open Category and received a Bronze Award for it.

I hope you enjoy today's post and thanks for visiting my blog!

Title: "Self Portrait for Dummies"


Camera / Lens: Canon 40D / Canon 17-55mm f/2.8 zoom

4 comments:

Larry J. Patrick said...

I like it. Outstanding sence of humor, which is wha this photo is all about. I went to Barnes and Nobles but could not find the book. Any change I can borrow your copy?

Barry Armer said...

Thanks Patrick!

I can lend you the book but you may find the inside pages to look conspicuously like the inside pages of "Pressure Cookers for Dummies"! LOL

Cheers!
Barry

Ted said...

It ROCKS! Luvittttttttt! It's so hard to do resonant humor in still images. This is, well, ZOWIE! Yeah... I givvit a gold... Nope... double gold!

Barry Armer said...

Thanks for the enthusiastic endorsement Ted!

"Double Gold"! I might try and install this as a new award at our camera club! :-)

Cheers!
Barry