Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Old Liberty Bridge

Here is another shot of the old Highway 146 bridge taken on my trip to Liberty, Texas a couple of weeks ago.

Title: "Old Liberty Bridge 2"


Camera / Lens: Canon 40D / Canon 17-55mm f/2.8 zoom
Post-processing: Photoshop CS3 > Duplicate Background Layer > Topaz Adjust plugin "Dramatic" preset + custom DeNoise to reduce noise > NIK Viveza plugin to locally increase brightness of the bridge > Duplicate Layer > Topaz Adjust plugin "Color Blast" with mask to block the effect to all but the warmer tones > Merge Visible to New Layer > Distort Lens Correction Vignette

2 comments:

Larry J. Patrick said...

So, we are having a battle of the bridges. Bring it on!

Nice shot. I like the angle you selected. The lighting is much better than what Tom and I had when we photographed the much superior railroad bridge!

At first, I did not like the wire and the birds in the photo, but then I thought, they add a nice "every day" touch to the image.

Good job.

Barry Armer said...

Thanks Patrick!

Initially I was like you. I think we are trained as photographers to automatically clone out all wires but here it I think the wire (and the birds and the birds on the wire) makes the photo. Without the wire it is just another bridge photo! :-)

Cheers!
Barry