Sunday, January 9, 2011

#659. Vacancy

Taken a few hours ago at the Kemah Boardwalk. It was pretty quite this evening on the Kemah Boardwalk. In the summer the star shaped fountain in front of the Boardwalk Inn Hotel would be surrounded by parents and covered with fifty or sixty wet and screaming children. :-)

Title: "Vacancy"


Camera / Lens: Canon 5D Mark II / Canon 15mm fisheye
Post-processing: Photomatix Pro to combine six exposures into one HDR (High Dynamic Range) image > Photoshop CS4 > Topaz Adjust plugin > Nik Viveza plugin

2 comments:

Larry J. Patrick said...

Very different look at something that many of us are familiar with. I like the straight-on, in your face perspective, however, I am afraid that you lost me a little with your post processing. I would like to see the use of Topaz pulled back a little.

Laura said...

Very cool!
I love HDR shots, especially when used with architecture...it makes everything look magical!