Wednesday, January 5, 2011

#658. Airborne

I ended up at Texas City Dike this past weekend. It's been a while since I was down there photographing the wind surfers so it took me a little while to remember how to do it. It pretty much requires the AI Servo focus mode and focusing set on as many points as your camera will do! In the summer I've been known to go out into the water for my shots but in wet suit weather I think I'll have to stay on dry land! Some said the water temp was in the low 50s!

Title: "Airborne"


Shot data: 1/500s f/8.0 at 400.0mm iso125
Camera / Lens: Canon 40D / Canon 100-400mm L zoom
Post-processing: Adobe Camera Raw > Photoshop CS4 > Topaz Adjust plugin > texture from flypapertextures.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Larry said...

Nice action shot. I think the added texture has a big impact on the image.

Larry J. Patrick said...

Water temp in low 50s--count me in on a little skinny dipping action--yea, right. Nice shot--it makes you wonder what he is holding onto.