Thursday, August 4, 2011

#738. Galveston Bay from Seabrook

Taken this evening in Seabrook, Texas. Quick practice shot with my new ND filter. I already discovered that the filter, while effectively giving me longer shutter speeds to smooth out the water, doesn't do anything to help hold the camera still. I'll need some practice at minimizing camera shake from my tripod.

Title: "Galveston Bay from Seabrook"

Camera / Lens: Canon 5D Mark II / Canon 24-105 L zoom
Post-processing: Adobe Camera Raw > Photoshop CS4 > Topaz Adjust plugin > NIK Silber EFEX Pro 2

1 comment:

Roland said...

Barry, I do like this shot for the tranquility in the foreground. The vertical elements really work well as counterpoints to the smooth horizontal line. I am not so sure about the boats in the background, tho. Somehow they work well and somehow, they disturb the tranquility. Yes, in my opinion, they introduce something mundane. And this is quite a contrast to the interesting foreground. As always: this is of course only my opinion.

cheers
®

(BTW: you got a spam comment above...)