Thursday, February 3, 2011

#669. 600 (rollover)

Taken this past Saturday at the American Shooting Centers in George Bush Park during the Homes for Our Troops sporting clays event. This is the 600 yard rifle range. My boss likes to shoot open sight (no scope) at this range! It's hard for me to even see the big pile of dirt that serves as the backstop 600 yards away so I can't imagine trying to hit a bulls eye on a small target in front of it! :-) Admittedly the fish eye lens I used makes it look even further away so I included a tighter crop to give you a more accurate gauge of the distance (just hold your cursor over the image to see the closeup).

Title: "600" (rollover)


Camera / Lens: Canon 5D Mark II / Canon 15MM f/2.8 Fisheye
Post-processing: Photomatix Pro to combine three exposures into one HDR (High Dynamic Range) image > Photoshop CS4 > Topaz Adjust plugin

No comments: